Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Does "I can't afford it," mean "It's not worth it?"

In processing some recent conversations, I've been in torment over these words. I think about things I'd like to buy and if they are in the higher price range I consider it, put my value on it and then decide...is it worth it or is it not! To me it all means the same. To others it may mean something different. I do believe we put our money where our hearts are. Which means if you find value in something, cost is no option. Now I understand that not everyone has the kind of money to buy a $475 shirt. (Michael and I were in an expensive store and saw one which we were surprised by.) However if one was going to the Oscars and wore a special suite for just that occasion, it might not be so absurd. So I guess that in the moment or situation, each person will look at the item, put a value on it and decide...is this worth it?

1 comment:

Jamie Stavenger said...

Things that make you go "hmmmmm...."