Tuesday, April 17, 2007

There's been an accident!


So today I get the routine phone call from michael, I'm thinking he's on his way home. I pick it up and he says, "I'm ok, but I've been in an accident." At that moment all that was happening in my routine, mundane, normal life stops. I had to gather my thoughts and then processes. What?

So there he was at brookhurst and talbert in costa mesa, stopped at a stop light. He was on the phone (using his head set.) When out of no where his world gets rocked. What he didn't see coming was a teenage boy in a newer truck headed for the back of him at about 60 mph. Slam, right into the woman in front of him. He took the bulk of the hit. The honda accord is totaled.

Mike got rushed to the ER, they took Xrays and nothing broken, but he's already in a lot of pain so we all know that it get worst on the 3rd day!

The amazing thing is that he's safe, the car look brutal. I'll post some car shots tomorrow from the seen. For now this is a photo he took with his cell phone in the Ambulence on the way to the hospital.

Praise the Lord, he was protected!

5 comments:

bobby said...

Holy moly! I'm so glad he's ok! And I love it...just like Mike to take a pic with his cell phone in the ambulance! That's rad!

We'll say a prayer for you guys!

Jamie Stavenger said...

OH NO! NOT MIKE!!!!! WHY, GOD, WHHHYYYYYYY??!?????????

okay- drama concluded. Seriously, hope M is restored to FULL health very soon! And, keep on keepin on, Mommy.

Jenn Glenn said...

Okay...I got the call from Jessica and was very concerned for Mike. That being said, I am now cracking up at the fact that he's doing a photo shoot on the stretcher!!! I guess it's time to get that Vespa running :)

Really though, hope all goes smoothly w/ recovery & car drama!

Rachel said...

Praying for Mike! Can't believe he took that pic! What a photographer!

Will said...

joseph. I'm glad you're okay!