Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Happy Mae Day!


I Elizabeth "Mae" Hutton celebrate today as my day! I do this because my grandma Audrey Mae (who past last year.) Also loved Mae day and enjoyed the celebration of her. She loved to get and give flowers on that day. So this morning I realized it was "my" day and not a flower in site. I got a call from my mom and she got flowers from my Aunt Alisha in honor of Audrey Mae Day. Well About a half hour ago I too got some flowers, not from my husband but from my Aunt Alisha! I was so surprised, I even shed a tear.

So Happy Mae Day everyone!

Also Happy Mae day to the next Generation, Ellie Mae Dickson!

2 comments:

Jamie Stavenger said...

How is THIS for another coincidence...
Elizabeth MAE and Jamie RAE???

MLasch said...

When I was little, we lived next to a wonderful woman who was about 100 years old. She always made sure we celebrated "May Day" with flowers and helped us gather them. Every year that I don't do that, I feel guilty!

So happy "Mae" Day, Beth!! and what wonderful story of your aunt and her ability to keep up a tradition.