Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Give up the Passy?



Drew and Jack had their dentist appointments today. Drew walking into the appointment was telling Jack, "they just want to clean your teeth, it's going to be fun." Then the moment he was in the room, he froze, cried, and it took 25 minutes to get him in the chair. Jackson sat right in the chair after Drew, and allowed the dentist to do it all. Quite a big boy! I guess he was being too big, because Dr Stella, said it is time to give up the passy. His teeth have too much movement and he said it could effect his jaw line. Great! Here's to lots for sleepless nights coming up.

Any suggestions on getting a 21 month old to quit?

6 comments:

mrsuribe said...

My girlfriend told her daughter it was time to send her "binky" up to heaven. They tied it to a few balloons and off it went!

Good luck!

photoqueen said...

That's really cute.

MLasch said...

When it was time, I poked a hole in it. It no longer bounced back when she sucked on it. After a couple of tries, she finally handed it to me and told me it was broken. I was so sad, I told her, because that was our LAST one. Sorry, hunny.

bobby said...

Look at the bright side. The doctor said she noticed the teeth thing with Caleb. Problem is, he doesn't have a passy. He sucks on his index finger, and I guess you can go to prison for cutting that off.

And I think the balloon idea is fun, and I would do it, but I'm not sure in it fits well with your post about going green.

Leanne said...

All of these responses made me giggle a little. And I wouldn't comment otherwise, because I certainly don't have any ideas because I've started giving IN to the passy again...in circumstances other than bedtime. :o( Was that Jackson's first dentist appointment? I was wondering when I should schedule Bella's.

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

With my sister, my mom took her to choose a toy that she had really wanted. The deal was that if she wanted to have the new toy she had to say bye to the "binkie"