Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My new favorite thing.


So I've been meaning to post this for a while now. Fresh and easy is exactly that. I know some of you have probably walked in and out of one of them and thought, what's all the fuss about? No wait, it is awesome.

For those of you who prepare all your meals from scratch using no added preservatives or and all organic ingredients, you don't need this place. But for the rest of us, me, who don't cook like that, or have time to search out the best organic ingredients, it's perfect. As far as organic food goes, I tried whole foods once, I got one bag of groceries for $75.00. Yes it was healthy, but that's not realistic. I've been going once a week spending about the same for 4 full bags of groceries. And this last week I used $25 in coupons so is was, $40.00. But again, it's not even that's it's cheap, it's that it's good real food and this week my kids have had all real food, not once did they get fast food, (from me) and I am loving it.

Not only am I buying the real food (fruits and veggies), but I'm buying their meals. I had yellow fin tuna on Monday, how decadent is that.

So give it a chance people, it's awesome!

6 comments:

Will said...

Oh I am sooo on Team F&E also!!

I love that place and the prices.

Few of my favorites items from there:
Fig Jam
Freshly made marinara sauce
Chocolate chip/peanut butter granola bars
Ready-made asian bowls ie. chicken red curry

I suggest NOT getting the ready-made meatballs. They're very dry.

foodman said...

From a Fresh and Easy Employee thank you for shopping with us! I'm sorry you did not enjoy the meatballs. For the future, if you did not like it take the unsed portion or the container back. We'll take care of you. Also, go to the website go to your thoughts and leave a note or fill out a comment card in the store. WE DO READ THEM!!! Some of my favorites are the Roasted Banana Gelato, all the Kettle Chips, the frozen Indian dishes, and the basil tomato soup.

Thanks for shopping with us!

Enjoy!!!

Jenn Glenn said...

We are so alike! I've been shopping at Fresh & Easy (we call it Easy & Sleazy...no reason, we're just goofballs) since they opened up by my house. I love the $5 off coupons and look forward to all my savings :) I used to have to buy organic milk at the grocery store in order to get hormone-free, but f&e's regular milk is hormone-free and affordable...yea for no headaches (the hormones in beef & milk were causing them). Some of my other favorites...just in case you missed em on the shelf :)
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
Vodka Sauce for Pasta
Garlic Naan Bread
French Onion Dip
French Sandwich Rolls (Stephen swears it's the best bread he's ever had)

And FYI, all their name-brand condiments rock and are way cheaper than the other grocery stores (with the exception of their mayo...it's less than desirable).

Brad, Jenna & Riley said...

I went this week and I really liked it, and it was fun to shop there b/c you can check out yourself!!!

Debbie said...

Ooh I'll have to try. I love Trader Joe's but don't always make it over there, a bit far from the house. F&E is much closer and they've been mailing me coupons as well. I think I'll stop in there tomorrow.

I've been trying to avoid fast food as well. Hard to do with Dad, LOL. I did much better 2 weeks ago then this week, but hey everyday is a new day!

OakMonster said...

Hello neighbor! (I'm in Los Alamitos.) I am OBSESSED with Fresh & Easy. Enough to have a blog! And I welcome any contributors who would like to help me review their products and chat about the experience. Glad to hear others are loving the store as well.

And no, I am not an F&E employee. :)

Agreed on Banana gelato, marinara, and frozen Indian food. Still a lot more product I haven't tried, but I'm definitely heading over this week to try the newly added Shepard's pie!