Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Unexpected great family night!

So life group got canceled, and all day I was dying to go to the opening of Toy Story Mania!
Off we went to DCA to fight the crowds and long line to be one of the first to ride it.
As we begin our long 3 hour wait, Mike goes to get us some snacks. He comes back 15 min later with two cold Red Trolley's! Now that's not a snack for the kids, so I sent him right back out for some popcorn, seconds later a women walks up to me, as she sees me struggling with two little ones and says, "here is a ticket to get you right into the line, you look like it's gonna be hard for your boys." So I called Michael to come back as he hurries to down the two drinks and we are on the ride with no wait!!!!! That's right, thank you to our guardian angel.

Jackson is not quite sure about this...

Yeah we are so excited...who needs 3 hours!

Oh yeah, we like it.

Toy Story Mania, it was really fun, I'm glad I didn't wait 3 hours because the ride had a few glitches, but it's a blast and my score was higher than Mike's.

Of course the boys had to have some "suvenearoos"

After we walked out the Main Street Parade was going...drew loves this...he's actually hasn't seen it live in years, but we have the commemorative video and he watches it all the time. So it was a big highlight.

The end of the evening was icing on the cake by watching the firework show from the ground between the two parks. Firework photo credit given to my son...Drew...who said, "mommy I want to take a picture of the fireworks." Great job Drew.

So what a great night thanks to no Life Group...

2 comments:

Jamie Stavenger said...

*sigh* I sure miss random trips to Disneyland. :(

Leanne said...

I'm so glad you didn't have to wait! That's awesome!