Friday, July 25, 2008

Baby Jackson



As I put my "baby" to bed tonight, knowing tomorrow he will wake up and be two, I am really sad. I realized with Drew when he was first in his own room, in his crib, that Parenthood is just a continuation of letting go. It seemed easy to say this of Drew, he was my big boy, and before he was two, we knew he would be a big brother.
I don't feel the same with Jackson. Yes I let him, go however, it's taken me longer. Each stage I am surprised by. I think, "oh are we here already." Maybe because life goes by faster, I don't know, but I really can't believe that he is two. It seems that he is still this sweet, snuggly thing I brought home.
So as I put him to bed, I start to reprogram my thinking of who he is, he's a big boy. He is growing up and all I can do is just continue to let him go.


Happy Birthday Jackson James.
Proverbs 3:5

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its pretty awesome that Jackson shares a life verse with Granddad. :)
Happy Birthday Jackson, you truly are the sweetest, sneakiest, silliest little boy!!
Lots of Love!!
Oh, btw, tuesday at your house was pretty cool. Thanks for letting the boys stay up so we could hang out. Christmas in July is the best!

Leanne said...

That post makes me sad. :o(

Jamie Stavenger said...

Mrs. Hutton, you have an award waiting for you at my blog. Come on by for a visit! :)